Monday, March 13, 2006

Shameless Plug

After loads and loads of pictures posted to this blog, I reckon that it's now time for a post consisting purely of text. This post is however not a personal rant about my life, the weather or even the political landscape, but instead a shameless plug for the Sony Ericsson blogging client, which was announced a couple of weeks ago. The plan is for this post to help increase the hype around this Sony Ericsson / Blogger partnership. Having said that, none of the information in this post is in any way untrue, but I believe that you, the reader, have the right to know my motive.

Yes, I've been working on the Blogger client that is to be included in the K800 and K610 phones, which will soon be released. This has been a collaboration between Sony Ericsson and Blogger (ie Google) and has resulted in a great application. I've decided to advertise this application in the form of an AQ. (I can't call it FAQ since most of these questions are not frequently asked. Some have not even been asked at all, but calling it a Q feels just plain wrong...)


So, what's this application all about?

It's a photo blogging application. Take a photo with your mobile phone's camera and you can easily send it directly to your blog at Blogger.


But isn't entering login names and passwords using that tiny keypad quite cumbersome?

Yes, I believe it would be, but with this blogging client you don't have to. All you need to do is take a photo, select "Blog this" and your own personal blog is automatically created. There is no need for any settings at all, and the address to your blog is returned at the time of the first post.


That sucks! I already have a blog and don't want a new only to be used from my phone!

The blog that is created at the first post may be merged with already existing blogs. You can even have several phones posting to the same blog.


Cool services such as this are always way too expensive! What's the cost?

Nothing! Nada! Zip! Except for the data tariffs as charged by your carrier that is...


All this blog talk sounds a bit too complicated for me. Is it really that easy?

After taking a photo, only four keypresses are needed in order to create the blog and publish the photo. It actually couldn't be any easier!


This sounds too good to be true! How is this possible?

By the cunning use of magic.


But I'm typing 60 words per minute with my phone's keypad. Will I be able to include texts as well?

You can accompany the picture with a really, really long text if you'd like. You do of course also have the possibility to set the title of the blog post.


I want to change the address, title and template of the blog. Is that possible?

Of course it is! You will have access to the full Blogger Dashboard to customize your blog anyway you like.


Is this the killer application for mobile phones?

I believe that voice calls may be the real killer app, but this sure is a competitor.



These are my personal views and may not reflect the views of neither Sony Ericsson nor Blogger/Google.

1 comment:

JAG said...

Wow Karl! That's the best post I've read anywhere today! Well balanced and quite interesting. Because my bliss I hardly even noticed that the 3rd Q actually was an E.

If I may add a Q of my own it would be Hey, I'm totally for it; I'm sick of writing these text blogs all day. When can I get one of my own?

See you around!